Drawer three is where I started to tweak my approach. I left a sizable amount of material between my pin markings and my actual saw cut. This goes against everything I’ve read from Cosman and Schwarz but my initial results weren’t what I wanted so I had to pivot.
“Disobey me,” a wise man once said.
Of course, the downside to this method is it took a LOOOONNGG time to pare away since I left so much room. Plus this happened:
Here’s how it turned out.
In closing, these joints are much tighter than the first two and there’s something to be said about that. Additionally, I finished up drawer four last night and started part of drawer five. They are even better than drawer three so I know I’m making progress. There is definitely a zen quality about making the saw cuts for the pins, which only comes with doing it. I’m glad I’m getting there.