Cleaning up the Carcase

Way back when, I was waiting to glue the carcase together and decided to fit the small stiles. These pieces of cherry cover the plywood from my I-Beam dividers. I went over this in this post. What I didn’t mention was in my haste I opted to fit the small dividers from the clamped up version instead of waiting until I had the actual glue up complete.

Lesson learned.

The resulting stiles ended up a little short, which caused the repairs in the following gallery.

The other clean up task was to level the small stiles to be flush with the rails. Here’s how I did it:

I hope to lay out the dovetails and get to cutting the drawers soon.


About Shawn Nichols

Heady. Phishy. Woodworker
This entry was posted in The Dresser and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Cleaning up the Carcase

  1. Pingback: Stile Faux Pas & Finalizing the Drawers | While The Glue Dries

Let me know what you think...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s